Andover Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is a volunteer group of parents of children with disabilities, who are an advisory council. The SEPAC mandated objectives is "...to advise the school committee on matters that pertain to the education and safety of students with disabilities; meeting regularly with school officials to participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of the school committees special educational programs." (Excerpt from Massachusetts special education law, Section 3 of Chapter 71B that pertains to PACs)
How does SEPAC work, key objectives:
- Members are made up parents of children with disabilities. This may include other interested parties, see Andover SEPAC by-laws for more details.
- Meetings are open to the public.
- SEPAC directs its own activities, controls their own publications and correspondence in collaboration with the school district.
- SEPAC determines the contents of it's own reports to the school committee.
- Provides a forum for parents and guardians of children with disabilities to have access to relevant information, training and emotional support; and to encourage an atmosphere of effective open communication, transparency, understanding and mutual respect among students, parents, educators, school administration and the communit at large.
SEPAC Parent Support Group
Informal forums for families of children with disabilities to network and share information and ideas through "Wake Me Up Morning Coffee's" and "Cocktails with a SEPAC Twist" at a members house offered in the morning or evening, so we can all get to know one another! Please come and join us, kids welcome, bring your favorite treat!
Date: September 4th Time:9am till 11am Place: 44 Holt Road at Jeryl William's home
A Parent's Guide to Special Education
"The purpose of this guide is to explain the special education process so that, if your son or daughter does receive special education services, you can work effectively with the school as a member of your child's special education team."Read more...
SEPAC Needs Assessment Survey responses
The Andover Special Education Advisory Council (SEPAC) is pleased to announce the release of the responses from the First Annual Needs Assessment Survey. Thanks to the hundreds of interested parents and guardians who took the time to thoughtfully fill out the survey and provide invaluable feedback to Andover School System.